Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Short story - (unemotional/objective tone) 'The Last Number'

Here's a writing exercise for myself.  First of some of my recent stories that I'll post on this site, and funnily enough the theme for this one is 'stasis'.  Cryostasis this time.

This is a story told in a sequence of computer log readouts.  I didn't want to make the computer sentient, the aim was just to make it as intelligent as possible without consciousness.

The story is fundamentally an action/drama and I think it would be a good story idea to write in a traditional third person style at some stage.  But my aim was to write in the 'dryest' possible style here, while still trying to tell a compelling story.

This one took a couple of days to write.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14QRlnxhx8I3831XfUneH0DxfHe01J5KIq_gkbD-onrQ/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CJ_3kdIK#

No comments:

Post a Comment